|Click its picture for full information on any of the above.
Whilst Tea Tree Oil is well known to be used in first aid applications and toiletries, (see Personal Use),
amazingly, it is a powerful solvent too and can be utilized all around the home. (If you have some old Melaleuca
oil in the cupboard it can still be safely used for household cleaning applications.) Tea Tree is particularly good for
getting the glue off plates, jars and bottles often left behind by price stickers and labels. It can be an
effective cleaner, removing paint and pen marks easily from surfaces. When mixed with a small amount of ordinary
household cleaner or laundry product and rubbed over the area, it is a good stain remover for clothes and
everyday items. (see how it removes a greasy mark from the jacket collar below) No household should be without it.
Tea Tree Oil comes as a concentrated essence that can, on occasion, be used neat, but, it is far more useful,
to keep it handy ready diluted with a carrier oil or water in a dispenser bottle. That is what we seek to
facilitate with our Blister Pack, designed for personal use, it is available in two sizes of concentrated Tea
Tree either 15ml or 50ml and a handy pump action dispenser that holds 100ml – you just need to fill it with water
and add drops of the oil as instructed to make a solution. To make it up for household use, you just need an old
trigger spray bottle from one of the multitude of cleaning preparations sold. Most of these bottles are 500ml in size
and come with a trigger spray. We supply a label, (which shows the mixing quantities), for your own trigger bottle
in both our blister packs.
Return to Household Use contents list
Once diluted with water, the solution is invaluable around the house, replacing many of those chemical
sprays that nearly gas you when you use them. (Just save their trigger bottle when it is empty, fill it with your
own Tea Tree Solution and never need to the chemical variety again!) One 15ml bottle of Tea Tree will give approx
600 drops – enough to fill your dispenser bottle with solution 15 times over – that’s just Tea Tree and tap water
mixed. That is 40 drops per fill, but you don’t have to count them – the 15ml bottle pipette half full = 20 drops
or half a ml. It is difficult to fully fill the pipette, but two half fills squeezed into in your dispenser
full of water is the quick way to make up the solution. (The larger size has a measuring pipette). No
chemicals, effective, ‘green’ and cheap too! If you buy the blister pack, we include a long-wearing label with
refill instructions for your Trigger bottle.
Benefits of Using Tea Tree around the House.
Any time you need a good cleanser, healing aid, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-viral,
antiseptic, burn treatment, scratch treatment, insect repellent, itch relief, pain relief or anti-inflammatory
agent Tea Tree Oil always comes to the rescue. It is effective against moulds, fungus, bacteria and viruses;
for dry skin, eczema, minor burns, minor cuts and abrasions, acne, athlete's foot dry scalp, dandruff, scalp rash,
lice, gout, warts and aches & pains and much more. Tea Tree Oil is completely natural – no nasty chemicals –
non-toxic - and has no known side effects provided you always follow instructions; (do not use neat except where
specifically stated) The natural concentrated oil is potent and should be treated with respect. (please
read the warnings in red at the foot of this page)
It is ready to use for all those knocks, scrapes and minor burns we, and especially our kids, manage to
subject ourselves to on a regular basis! Antiseptic, cleansing and healing and so handy when ready mixed in
a dispenser. Now it doesn’t matter where in the house you are when you child comes running (and doubtless
screaming!) with a grazed knee – you can use either your personal hygiene solution, or your household solution,
or your pot of ‘Super5 Salve’, whichever is ready to hand as a prompt treatment; and if you carry our mini pot
(30ml) around in your handbag or pocket, you can use a ‘magic finger’ to make it all better wherever you are.
The beauty of the lovely, clear gel salve is that it is non-spill and very quick drying, so it does not stain
clothes or make them sticky or greasy.
Tea Tree is ideal for preventing the spread of infection – keep it in a foam bottle near every sink and get
your family in the habit of washing their hands in it. (recipe on our Solution Mix page and foamer bottles in
the shop). This is good practice and gets them used to using the antiseptic hand gels in hospitals and surgeries
without a second thought. Get them to use our aerosol spray on their feet and shoes, to prevent odours and
spread of infection (such as verrucas and fungal nail.) (No more smelly trainers !). If someone has brought
a cold home, spray it around the house. It is good to breath in because it helps clear sinuses and disinfects
the otherwise infectious air. ‘Coughs and sneezes spread diseases’ ? Not any more!
Return to Household Use contents list
How I use Tea Tree around the House.
I keep a trigger bottle of Tea Tree Solution next to my sink in the kitchen. Alongside it a 15ml pipette
bottle of Tea Tree Oil and a foamer bottle of the foamer soap solution (see 'Solution Recipes' top left)
Using my Trigger Bottle of Solution
Anywhere you go around the house, your trigger bottle and a few pieces of paper kitchen roll will be your allies.
Just spray on and wipe dry with the absorbent paper towel. Replace the towel if it gets too damp to dry with.
The solution will clean just about everything to a smear free shine. I have found an added bonus in that surfaces
that are normally static like the TV seem to last much longer before they attract dust, so it would seem that
Tea Tree has an anti-static function as well! It also seems to repel rust !
Mirrors come up a dream ! I use it everywhere, in the bathroom, on both floor and wall tiles, in cupboards, on
my dark granite kitchen tops (which are brilliantly practical, but which other products smear). If you have those ultra
smart shiny fronted kitchen units that must have been designed by a man, because they are a nightmare to keep smear
free, your problem is solved. Everything is disinfected.
Breathing in the spray is not a problem. You hardly notice it, but if you do inhale it is actually
beneficial to your sinuses! I used to hate that terrible noxious gas that comes from other products, wondering
what it was doing to my lungs, but that is now all over!
I have found that Tea Tree is most efficient diluted as recommended and has a light pleasant smell. Do not think,
however, that a stronger mixture is better. It is not only unnecessary, but you will undermine its 'non smear'
properties and your home will smell quite strongly of the oil. A little goes a long way! The only exception would
be if you have a bad patch of mould, but once that is dealt with you can go back to the standard solution.
Already you will be beginning to see how useful your Trigger Bottle of Tea Tree Solution is - but there is
more! Many minor crises occur in the home - cuts, minor burns, rashes, insect bites, smelly feet and shoes,
removing sticky labels, or marks from sticking plasters, wiping dirty faces and hands, baby's high chair tray, etc.
How many other cleaners would you grab and spray onto such things ? Not many I hope; but there again is another use
for your Tea Tree Solution.
Using my Pipette Bottle
I told you that I keep a 15ml pipette bottle next to my sink - well I do so for several reasons - when my trigger bottle is empty, it takes only a few seconds to refill it with water and a few drops of Tea Tree. Also, if I am washing up pans, or soaking them in the sink, a few drops of Tea Tree with washing up liquid helps cut through grease and burnt-on food. I also use a couple of drops in my dishwasher's rinse partition and in the soap compartment of the washing machine as a stain remover. My oven is easy to keep clean too. Here is my tip of the day:- wipe bicarbonate of soda around the oven and the racks when they are clean and that will prevent food from burning on, so that you never have a major job cleaning your oven again. Just a bowl of hand hot water with washing up liquid and a few drops of Tea Tree and the oven is clean again in the time it takes to wipe a cloth around it. Don't forget to renew the Bicarb - ! as if you would now I've told you! So what does this gain you ?
- No smelly, eye smarting fumes from the oven when you are baking
- No ghastly 'aroma' when using caustic oven cleaners
- No ill effects from chemicals
- Much cheaper
- and (almost best of all) - no hard work!
Using my Foamer Bottles
I also told you that I keep a 200ml foamer bottle near my kitchen sink, but I also keep one near every sink in the house.
Let's look at the advantages:-
Return to Household Use contents list
- No messy soap residue around the sink
- Does exactly the same job as soap and disinfectant hand wash combined and much cheaper
- Easy to expel lovely foamy suds directly into the hand, without touching and dirtying the tap, at least until the hands are covered in disinfectant suds.
- Kids love it and will enjoy using it so that they actually clean their hands properly.
- Even if they don't rinse properly - towels will remain sweet smelling and therefore will not pass infection from person to person
- Seems to repel limescale deposit. I used to find a crusty white build-up around the plug hole. This does not happen now.
I have also formed the habit of wiping some of the foam from my hands around the end of the tap whenever I use it, to prevent limescale
build up there.
- Much cheaper
- and (almost best of all) - the sink remains clean longer and is much easier to wipe round and you don't have a soap tablet
getting dingier and dirtier with every use!
How Others use Tea Tree Oil around the house
Author’s note:- Most of the following information has been collated from the Internet.
As such, it does not necessarily reflect the author’s opinion or commendation.
Our Tea Tree Oil is 100% pure natural oil. Use diluted unless otherwise advised.
Users are advised to test the product over a small area first, before proceeding. Some plastics, rubber
and cheaper man-made fabrics, could become damaged by the strong solvent action, so avoid using full-strength. This is
simply a wise precaution and Tea Tree is most unlikely to cause any adverse reaction if properly diluted.
I have provided some information on how I use Tea Tree for personal use and about all the other items on
our shopping list. Just click the coloured 'Personal Use' graphic at the top left of this page for
instructions on Personal Use.
Make a Household Solution by adding 1ml of pure oil to 500ml of water in an old trigger spray bottle to
make a universally useful cleaner and freshener.
Add a couple of drops of neat Tea Tree Oil to your
rinse aid container. It keeps your dishwasher fresh and clean.
‘Green’ dry cleaners can be hard to find, and
often expensive. Here is a cheaper and safe way to freshen up fabrics. For things like pillows,
upholstery and curtains that can't be laundered, spray them using your Household Solution.
Use the Household Solution on walls windows,
floors, tiles, shower doors (prevents soap buildup), and all bathroom and kitchen surfaces, glass - mirrors,
windows, table tops etc. for a thorough, chemical-free clean. Use a stronger solution for Mould Removal,
Tea Tree Oil will clean gold, silver, glass and precious, or semi-precious stones !!!!!!!!!!!
Add a few drops of pure oil to a regular load of laundry during the wash cycle.
Add 2 teaspoons of pure oil to 2 cups water. Shake to mix. Spray on mold and wipe clean. After washing down walls and removing grime and mildew, wipe over again to prevent mildew re-growth.
Tired of spraying so many chemicals to get rid of pests? Need
something a little less intoxicating to you, your kids, your plants, and your pets? Tea Tree Oil is a great
natural insecticide. You just have to know how to use it.
NB:- Source Internet:- One of the most widely used ingredients in store-bought
conventional bug sprays for personal use is N,N-Diethyl-m-toluamide, or DEET, as it’s commonly known. DEET,
which is designed to repel rather than kill insects. DEET is used by an estimated one-third of the US population
each year. Although DEET is approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), it is a known eye irritant
and can cause rashes, soreness, or blistering when applied to the skin. Additionally, DEET has been linked
to neurological problems; according to the EPA, at least 18 different cases of children suffering adverse
neurological effects, as well as the deaths of two adults, have been associated with DEET. Researchers at
Duke University Medical Center have found that DEET causes diffuse brain cell death and behavioural changes
in rats. DEET has been shown to have a negative impact on wildlife and water sources in production and during use.
DEET is toxic to birds and aquatic life. DEET has been found in approximately 75 percent of U.S. water
sources, including the Mississippi River.
- Tea Tree Oil as an Insect Repellent on People
- Spraying or rubbing chemicals onto yourself and the kids to deter insects can get irritating - literally and figuratively. Instead of spraying and rubbing chemicals into your skin, try using something a little more soothing. Tea Tree Oil is a great natural mosquito and insect repellent and it's even a great moisturizer, an eczema fighter, a fungus fighter, and so much more. Tea Tree Oil has been known to repel mosquitoes, lice, ants, and many other insects that bite. It also soothes insect bites and stings and helps in removal of ticks. To make this simple solution of insect repellent for the skin, all you'll need is a the same ingredients as recommended for our Personal Hygiene solution and a misting (atomising) spray bottle, (1 ml of Tea Tree Oil to 100ml of water). Combine in the bottle, shake well and mist the solution onto the skin and rub in. Reapply as needed.
- Tea Tree Oil as an Insect Repellent on Plants
- Tea Tree Oil also can repel insects in the garden. Be cautious when using Tea Tree Oil on plants. It must be diluted with water and must not be sprayed directly on the plants. It can burn them. Instead, spray around the plants. To make Tea Tree Oil insect repellent for the garden, mix the same solution as used on skin above.
- Tea Tree Oil as an Insect Repellent on Pets
- Like humans, insects can affect pets, as can their bites. Fleas also can be a problem for pets, especially those who venture outside or live in an outdoor environment. To protect your pets from insects and insect bites, prepare the Tea Tree Oil spray solution used above for human skin. Spray this on the pet once or twice a day. Because Tea Tree Oil is a fungus fighter, this can also help your pet smell fresh and clean. If your pet is a licker, you may want to avoid this solution or watch your pet closely. He or she should not lick the Tea Tree Oil , as it can be harmful. Ask your vet for the best advice.
- Tea Tree Oil as a Household Insect Repellent
- Tired of ants, cockroaches, or other insects inside your home? Tea Tree Oil also can help fight against household insects. Simply mix ¼ cup Tea Tree Oil , ¼ cup vinegar, and 2 cups water together. Pour into a large spray bottle. Spray the Tea Tree Oil spray solution onto thresholds. The Tea Tree Oil repels the insects and the combination of vinegar and Tea Tree Oil acts as a powerful disinfectant. Do this regularly to keep away ants, roaches, and other household insects. Wipe cupboards and work surfaces with the Household Cleaner solution to deter insects from cupboards. (Authors note:-This is a ridiculously large amount of Tea Tree Oil. I would expect the same results with just 10 drops)
Apply pure oil to damp cloth to remove scuff marks from a vinyl and/or linoleum floors.
Going on holiday ?
Before packing a suit case that's been out of use for months spray on Tea Tree Oil fabric freshener (see below). And pack our Super5 Salve and your Personal Hygiene Spray.
Return to Household Use contents list
Though it's an extremely useful, all purpose substance, please note:-
1) Keep Tea Tree Oil away from the children
2) Avoid swallowing it. It can be poisonous
3) If you are pregnant or nursing you should consult your physician before starting a treatment regimen.
4) Some may experience an allergic reaction, which can consist of itching, dermatitis, dry patches, a rash, or other skin irritations. Start by testing in a very small area before applying Tea Tree Oil to larger areas. Wait a day or so to see if any reaction occurs. As with any other natural essential oil, there always is the chance of allergies. A rare, but serious occurrence from allergies is anaphylaxis. If you have had an allergic reaction to any essential oils in the past, it is best to avoid Tea Tree Oil.
5) For preference do not use at all on Babies or Small Children and certainly never use undiluted on them..I recommend you try Aloe vera gel with Jojoba on the very young without Tea Tree Oil.
Return to the Household Use contents list
Cure your Back Pain
Bend and straighten without pain; no more getting stuck half-way up!
Enjoy family walks; no spoiling the outing by having to stop and rest frequently.
Take pleasure in your driving; no more lumber region throbbing as you attempt to shift your seating position
Play with your children or grandchildren; no sudden spasms stopping your enjoyment.
Be invigorated with a wonderful, smile-inducing, feeling of well-being. Stop the constant pain that drains your energy
Yoga for the family
If you thought that Yoga is only for people who are looking for spiritual enlightenment through meditation,
then I have a welcome surprise for you. You gain all the benefits, both physical and psychological,
of taking regular exercise without having to pound the pavement or spend gruelling time at the gym.
Although Yoga movements are gentle, they are amazingly effective. And if you do happen to like taking
part in sports, then Yoga helps tone your muscles and increase your focus so you enjoy even better results
in your favourite activity.
Reduce Your Handicap with Professional Help. Find out how to formulate your course strategy; play to the strengths of the course and accommodate the weaknesses.
Avoid making an unforgivable faux pas in the all-important golf etiquette. And establish your reputation as a highly
skilled and considerate player who is welcomed onto any course.
Lawnbowls.com is the site especially for lawn and indoor bowlers around the world:
It is run by Dickinson Enterprises (just like this site), but has been running much, much longer!
Visit - it's fully interactive so you can ask questions and have your say on the ..
- Bulletin Board
- Computer Board
- Second Hand
- Technical Board & more
- Find Programs and info on the 'About Bowls and Links' page - add your site or club
Depression Fighters Is The Formula Clinically Tested And Shown To:
- Reduce the negative effects of worry and stress
- Improve mood, reduce anxiety and feelings of depression
- Promote happiness, joy and better overall health
- Increase mental awareness and alertness
- Increase your sexual libido
- Restore balance in the body and circulatory energy to vital organs